Bancroft B & B is in Hilton, in the forested, evergreen hills above Pietermaritzburg, the capital of Kwazulu-Natal.
Offering 2 extremely comfortable, well appointed, luxury B&B suites, we can accommodate 6 people in a homely environment with a loved garden.
The Family Suite has 2 bedrooms, the Master Bedroom with a King size bed and the other with twin beds, both share an en-suite bathroom which has a bath with a hand shower, basin and toilet. This spacious Suite is cool and can accommodate 4 persons, and looks out to the gardens at the front and the back of the house.
The Double Suite has one bedroom with twin beds, and the en-suite bathroom has a lovely large shower, toilet and basin. Facing the morning sunrise this suite has a pretty garden outlook.
Both suites have DSTV, wireless internet, a hairdryer, a hospitality fridge, fans & a heater and tea and coffee facilities. The Family Suite has a microwave.
A hearty breakfast is the highlight of the day! We serve fresh fruit juice with a choice of 5 cereals or hot oats. A fruit, yoghurt, honey and muesli platter then a full English breakfast with eggs, sausage, bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes, or any variation that takes your fancy! We do endeavour to cater for special needs and preferences. Then, of course there is toast and jams and bottomless tea and coffee. So if that doesn’t keep you going for the day – nothing will! : )
- R430 per person sharing
- R530 single.
The above price includes breakfast (packed if necessary).
A 50% deposit is required to confirm booking.
The balance is due on arrival.
Holidays and special events may attract a different tariff and minimum stay requirements.
Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, Diners.
We accept cash and internet transfers. Regretfully no cheques.
- Cancellation 15 – 28 days before date of arrival – visitor forfeits 75% of deposit paid or 25% of full quote value (whichever greater)
- Cancellation 29 days + before date of arrival – visitor forfeits 50% of deposit paid or 25% of full quote value (whichever greater)
- In the event of premature departure we
- Cancellation 0 – 14 days before date of arrival, or no show – visitor forfeits 100% of deposit paid.
- may charge for the full original booking.
- If we are able to fill the accommodation after a cancellation the refund will be 100%.
Refunds only payable 14 days after deposit.
- Check in: Any time after 2pm
- Check out: 10am
We are a non smoking and non drinking establishment. We have pets.
Off Road Motor Biking from Bancroft….
Our son Ryan takes various Off Road Motorbike tours, leaving from Bancroft, through the beautiful Midlands sometimes nearly all the way to Lesotho. Tours are tailor made to suit the riders age and skill levels, offering up to three day tours including novice and advanced rider training and for all ages. Explore some of the best riding country in the world. Accommodation for riders can include braais/meals, laundry etc as required!! (Also Ryan is a bike mechanic, with a workshop right here.) You can contact Ryan directly on his e-mail: email@example.com or on 071 4808 632
Directions and Map to Bancroft
Coming from Durban:
On the N3 take off-ramp 94, the Hilton off ramp. At the top of the off ramp turn left into Hilton ave by the Hilton Hotel and carry on past the first traffic lights at the Quarry Shopping Centre. At the next traffic lights turn left (at Old Main Brewery ) and travel 1.6kms down Old Howick Road. You will find us on the right hand side.
Coming from Johannesburg:
On the N3 take off-ramp 96, the R103 / Cedara off ramp. At the top of the off ramp turn right and travel over the freeway into Hilton and keep going till you get to the traffic lights at Old Main Brewery. Go straight over the traffic lights and drive 1.6kms and we are on the right hand side, just past Chaseford.
Physical & Postal Address:
247 Old Howick Road
29º 34’ 13.31” S Latitude
30º 18’ 52.28” E Longtitude
Bancroft B & B is centrally situated and easily found on the R103, we are:
- 2kms to Worlds View
- 2kms to St Anne’s
- 4kms to Cowan House
- 6kms to the Royal Agricultural Showgrounds
- 9kms to Hilton College
- 10kms to Pietermaritzburg City Centre
- 10kms Howick
- 15kms to Midmar
- 85kms to Durban
Being one of the most beautiful places in South Africa, Hilton looks down from the hills onto the City of Pietermaritzburg. The forests and hills attract many sports like running, cycling – mountain biking and downhill, hiking, off road motorbiking and horse riding. Bancroft B & B is on the doorstep of World’s View which is also a recently named world biking hotspot.
View Bancroft B & B in a larger map
Please fill in your details below to contact Tina for more information on Bancroft B&B.
- tel: 033 343 3885
- fax: 086 600 8946
- cell: 082 8555 320 Tina
- cell: 082 425 2079 Alan
- cell: 071 480 8362 Ryan
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – alternate e-mail: email@example.com
- Skype name: christina.wagener1
To view our cellphone friendly website on your cell phone type the following link into your cell phone search engine…
Some of the many annual events in Pietermaritzburg…
- The Dusi Canoe Marathon : www.dusi.co.za/
- The Midmar Mile : www.midmarmile.co.za/
- The Kaarkloof Classic Mountainbike Festival : www.kaarkloofclassic.co.za/raceprog.php
- The Comrades Marathon: www.comrades.com/
- Nashua Art in the Park always held from www.african-artists.co.za/Art%20in%20The%20Park.htm
- The Royal Agricultural Show : www.royalshow.co.za
- UCI BMX World Championships www.bmxworldchampspmb.co.za/
- The Garden & Leisure Show : in October: www.royalshow.co.za/upload/Garden%20Show/South%20Coast%20Tourism.pdf-
- Cars in the Park in : www.dyna.co.za/cars/events.htm
- Open Gardens – Every year for one week-end at the beginning of Spring, the citizens of Pietermaritzburg (also called the Flower City) open their beautiful gardens to the public to share their love of gardening and inspire the rest of us. www.pmbtourism.co.za/18.Parks_and_Gardens.html
- The Hilton Arts Festival: at Hilton College : www.hilton.kzn.school.za/bw2/witness%20arts%20fest.htm
- Then too….not to forget our Midlands meander which offer some of the best crafters in the country – cheese makers, iron mongers, leather workers, stained glass window makers, embroiderers, rug makers, kite makers, shoe makers and the list goes on and on … restaurants, coffee shops, artists, potters, scultpors, painters ahhhh! Arm yourself with a Midlands Meander brochure from Bancroft B & B and enjoy the weekend. www.midlandsmeander.co.za/